The steering gear is a transmission device for reducing […]
The steering gear is a transmission device for reducing speed and increasing torque in the steering system. Its function is to increase the force transmitted from the steering wheel to the steering knuckle and change the transmission direction of the force. At present, the widely used steering gear includes gear rack type, worm crank finger pin type, circulating ball rack sector type, circulating ball crank finger pin type, worm roller type, etc.
Inspection and maintenance items of steering gear include:
(1) Check whether the steering gear is fixed reliably and whether there is oil leakage. If yes, fix the steering gear reliably, find out the cause of oil leakage and eliminate it. (2) Check whether the steering gear housing is cracked, and repair or replace it as the case may be.
(3) Check and adjust the fit clearance of gear and rack.
(4) Check and adjust the free stroke of steering wheel.
(5) Tighten the steering gear screws, steering gear and frame fixing screws, steering column fixing screws, etc. according to the specified torque.
(6) Lubrication. The steering gear lubricating oil is generally checked and added every 8000 km, replaced every 48000 km, and the steering transmission shaft is lubricated every 2000 km.